The flexible and suitable design for each specific customer based on the capacity, water quality and contaminated load is possible thanks to the wide range of models by the specification of Fiber media, the diameter and quantity of Disc.
Main applications of Fiber Discfilter
1. The tertiary treatment for the removal of BOD, SS and T-P from municipal water for the management of Total Water Pollution Control and TMS
2. The tertiary treatment for the removal of SS from municipal and industrial wastewater etc.
3. The removal of algae and SS from Purification plant, Lake, Pond and Aquaculture
4. Industrial purpose water, Cooling water, Agriculture purpose water, Cooling water for Power plant, Steel manufacturing plant and Agriculture & Industrial purpose water
5. Pre-treatment for the advanced treatment (Activated carbon, lon tower, Ozon, UV) and R/O, N/F
6. Filtration of the discharge water from Purification plant.
7. CSO application
8. The removal of T-P by combination process with chemical injection and mixing equipment + Sedimentation + Fiber Discfilter
9. The treatment for the removal of T-P by combination process with chemical injection equipment after the final sedimentation tank
Filtration and Backwash process of Fiber Discfilter
Inlet water in the tank to be filtered flows by gravity (natural flow) into the filter from outside of the filter through the fiber media.
SS and the other contaminated materials in the raw water are catched on the outside of Fiber media and the water level inside the filtration tank begins to rise.
Backwash process is started by the water level sensor or timer. During the backwash process, the disc is rotated and the spraying or suction cleaning is done. and also, the collected solids by backwash are discharged through the solid collection trough. Fiber Discfilter is operated for filtration without the stop during backwash process.
Discharge process of sludge
When the time has passed, the solids settled at the bottom of tank are accumulated and they are discharged by the pump with the preset cycles.
Fiber Discfilter is operated for filtration without the stop during this discharge process for the accumulated solids.
Daegu-si, Seobu STP (455,000m3/day), Operation result of Fiber Discfilter for Filtration with Flocculation process
Features and merits of Fiber Discfilter
1. The stable remival efficiency of BOD, SS and T-P etc. by the sieve filtration and depth filtration effect
2. The flexible and suitable design for each specific customer based on the capacity, water quality and contaminated load is possible thanks to the wide range of models by the specification of Fiber media, the diameter and quantity of Disc.
3. Very easy maintenance for replacement and check for Fiber media
4. The stable and continuous operation by the perfect cleaning of Fiber media with the special cleaning device and the automatic self-cleaning nozzles
5. Fiber Discfilter does not need the spare unit due to the continuous filtration process and the very small footprint is need only due to the compact design.
6. Very small Head loss (50-250mmH) of water level due to Gravity (natural flow) filtration type
7. Very little backwash water (1-3%)
FLSmidth is a leading supplier of equipment and services to the global cement, minerals, food and chemical industries.
FLSmidth supplies everything from test services to single machines to complete cement plants and minerals processing facilities including services before, during and after the construction.